Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tangle Pattern of the Week - Huggins

Hey friends!

I want to begin a new series of posts to highlight a single tangle pattern. This way I'll have a central resource to direct people to when I want to show them a pattern. So, without further ado, let's begin with our first pattern in this series, "Huggins."


This is a tile that's been hanging out in my kit I take with me to classes. I started to show someone how to do this pattern but never finished the tile. I decided today would be a good day to do just that.

You can find instructions for drawing Huggins on the TanglePatterns site, along with a huge number of examples on Pinterest here. I would love to make a Pinterest page for each pattern but that seems just a little insane since there are literally thousands of Zentangle patterns.



I'm going to encourage everyone I know to start using the names of the tangles on Instagram and hopefully we'll start building up more of a base there as well. Right now there are people using the #Zentangle hashtag but not really using individual tangle names. Hopefully, that will grow with time. Help me out with that, will you?

If you have a blog post or other online account where you've gathered examples of Huggins, feel free to leave a link in the comments for all to see.



I'm going to do some more searching through my finished tiles to find some more examples of this really fun to draw pattern but in the mean time, take a look at Pinterest, and enjoy drawing Huggins!

As always, I'm available for classes. Drawing is always more fun with a friend!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, these are great examples for a great idea. I just want to reach out and touch your first sample with the colors...it makes me want to handle that piece of basket! I'm inspired. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete