Monday, August 18, 2014

Diva Challenge #174

The Diva Challenge #174 was to use superimposing strings. Here's my tile with strings only.

And after about 28 minutes (I decided to time myself to see how long it really takes me to make a completed tile), here is the tile without shading.

After about 5 minutes of shading, below. I'm really trying to be more aggressive with my shading because I just haven't yet felt that it was "right" when it was finished. Since there is no right/wrong that's not quite the right word but you get the point.

I decided it needed something more at the top so added some Hollibaugh, below.

For a completely totally finished tile in approximately 40 minutes. So there you have it.

Today is also the day I began the Zentangle tile gallery in the dining room, with tiles by everyone in my family and one by Maria Thomas for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment